Chateau Beau-Séjour Bécot is located just to the west of the medieval town of Saint-Emilion, in the very heart of this prestigious appellation. Classified a Premier Grand Cru Classé until 1986, the chateau lost its rank as a "Premier", but regained it in 1996 thanks to a ruling by the INAO (Institut National des Appellations d'Origine).
The estate was named Beau-Séjour in 1787 by General Jacques de Carle, the proprietor at the time. Michel Bécot bought the estate from Doctor Jean Fagouet in 1969 and further increased the area under vine from 10.5 hectares to 15 by acquiring 4.5 hectares on the Trois Moulins plateau in 1979. The chateau then took on the name of Beau-Séjour Bécot. The vines are planted on perfectly homogenous soil ideal for producing fine wine. Michel Bécot retired in 1985. His two sons, Gérard and Dominique, now manage the estate.